Consumers seeking a small fuel-efficient automobile have two great choices from Ford—the 2017 Fiesta and the 2017 Focus. Both are reliable and attractively designed, but there’s a lot of daylight between the two in terms of function and capability.
The Fiesta and Focus are two very different cars with different personalities and features. Drilling down to discover the individual features of each automobile will help you make the right choice when you visit your local Ford dealer.
- Performance – The Fiesta offers several engine options, and the top tier versions offer solid acceleration, but the Focus offers stronger all-around engine options. The base level Ford Focus offers a two-liter, 160 horsepower, four-cylinder engine. The most powerful Fiesta offers a 197 horsepower 1.6-liter turbocharged engine. However, the Focus provides a more powerful 350 horsepower engine at top trim levels. If get up and go is your priority, the Focus is the right vehicle for you.
- Handling – The Fiesta is definitely the sportier model of the two vehicles. The Fiesta offers a smooth ride as well as responsive steering and great cornering abilities. The Focus is no slouch, but the Fiesta offers a significant advantage.
- Fuel economy – The smaller, lighter Fiesta offers a significant advantage over its cousin, the Focus. The EcoBoost version of the Fiesta yields 31 mpg in the city and 41 mpg on the highway. The most fuel-efficient version of the Focus gets 27 mpg in the city and 38 on the highway.
- Technology – The Fiesta and the Focus both include Ford’s SYNC infotainment system as standard equipment. SYNC allows drivers to make calls, operate the audio system, and control certain other functions with voice commands. Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are also available with both vehicles. For drivers who want a larger touchscreen, the Focus offers an 8-inch model, whereas the Fiesta’s is just a 6.5-inch screen.
- Cabin room – The Fiesta provides adequate room for adults in the front seats, while the back is best left to children. The Focus is a little roomier, with more leg and hip room for adults who may need to ride in the back seat.
- Pricing – Both the Fiesta and Focus are very affordable automobiles. The Fiesta starts at around $13,660, and a top trim model costs $21,140. The entry-level Focus S sedan starts at $16,775, and a top tier Focus sedan will cost $24,775. A top-performing Focus hot hatch will set you back $36,120.
Whether the Focus or the Fiesta is right for you depends largely on your lifestyle and budget. The sporty Fiesta may be great for commuters or singles, while young families will likely want to opt for the larger Focus.
Consumers seeking quality new Ford vehicles should visit Indianapolis Ford dealers at Community Ford. With a knowledgeable staff and large selection of new and used cars, trucks, and SUVs, Community Ford can help you find just the right automobile for your individual needs.